Sunday, December 21, 2008

Accusation Station

Have you ever been wrongly accused of something you didn't do? It's heart breaking. Especially when you've seen this person grow and if you've cared for them because of their life story. On this night I was accused of actions I wouldn't EVER committ. Of course I cannot mention these things, but they have certainly punched my heart and it has almost stopped beating. I mean, when this happens, all you want to do is try to prove the accuser wrong. And in the day where truth is relative, this could potentially screw me over and so ruin the things that I desire to become. But as I am sitting here, I remember a Biblical character. He was wrongly accused, sent to jail, and ended up as a big guy in Egypt. Joseph was able to wait out the situation and see it produce fruit. I will try to do the same.

But why do people need to make up stories and lie about things that never happened? Do the find enjoyment in doing so? Do they even REALIZE the pain they cause or the implications that could follow? I don't think so. But you know what, I keep thinking that this is about me. I should stop thinking that...and start thinking about the accuser. I should think about others more than myself. I am reminded of the acronym/definition of JOY ("Jesus, Others, and Yourself"). It can be used for the application of the order one is supposed to love, but I will use it differently; instead of an order of loving, it will echo the sense of selflessness. Mother Theresa definitely had this right. I definitely have friends that not only understands what it means to think in this order, but they also apply it to their lives. These people are great examples. If I can strive and successfully achieve this order of thinking, then I know that this situation will certainly blow over. After all, I've only ever faced Divine providence. And thankfully I can always rely on God.

No comments:

Post a Comment