Monday, June 29, 2009

We're talking camp.

Goede Mensen!
Now that I know the proper way of spelling this good thing, I can use it properly. Many of the people that read this blog are good. Some of you think you're great. But I'm just thinking that I'm a sinner. No, I believe that I am a sinner. And so is everyone else, including children, sin as well. I've worked with children for a couple years, and I never get tired of it, i.e. mentally tired. Today I had my first day of YMCA camp, and it was quite the experience. At the end of my day, I'm physically tired, even as I sit here and write this blog. But it doesn't matter how tired one gets from camp.

What is more important is that we always do our best to make sure that the kids that we engage are having a good time. An obvious method for this is to keep them actively involved with the activities. Moreover, we're to be leaders of these kids. We need to be constant examples for these kids to follow because after all, for them it's "monkey see, monkey do." They will follow us around just for the sake of following you around or because they like what you are doing (and I've certainly experienced this).

The best part is that we can learn from them. Of course, we can learn what the latest gadget or video game is (if we ourselves are not in touch with that world) but also some reactions from the kids that could even teach us about ourselves. However, we need to remember something that is also of importance. We walk on everyday facing trials and temptations from one moment to the next. These give us doubts of who we are, where we come from, and what we believe. Our foundations may become shaky or just need some more support. Yet the greatest thing that children can teach us is their faith in things. Children have faith in things that they can't see, and they don't really question them. This should encourage us as adults to be strong in our faith even though our faith might be put to the test. Just as place our faith in the wind and we cannot see the wind, let us place our faith in He who gives us life.

No comments:

Post a Comment